Snapchat may be an unfamiliar term to you if you’re not a teenager or living with one. Snapchat is among the most popular social media platforms among teens and young adults. The free messaging and social networking app is only available on Android and iOS smartphones. It enables users to share daily moments through photos, messages, and short videos.
Unlike other renowned social media sites, Snapchat’s messages are temporary. While this may appear weird, it is thrilling to users who love sharing silly or goofy content as it will disappear after some time. The app also has an easy option for Snapchatters to add their friends by using a Snapcode. Snapchat’s photo and video-editing tools are also appealing to users are. You can add filters like flowers and rainbow crowns to spice up your snaps. Sounds and special effects from the Lenses can make your snaps more outstanding.
Snapchat has other thrilling features, including games, news, and quizzes. The ‘Memories’ feature allows Snapchatters to screenshot and store snaps in Snapchat’s cloud. You can also view your friends’ locations through the Snap Map. The only thing is that all the messages will disappear after some time. If you are looking at how to retrieve Snapchat messages, you are in the right place. In this article, you will discover various methods you can use to recover deleted Snapchat messages. Enjoy!
How to Retrieve Deleted Messages
Messages or snaps on Snapchat disappear after approximately ten seconds. While this is the most appealing feature to most Snapchat users, you might be wondering if it is possible to retrieve them. Fortunately, anyone can recover deleted messages, photos, or videos from the app. You can retrieve the snaps through several methods.
Method 1: Saving Snapchat’s Messages
To save your chats follow these steps:
- Launch the Snapchat app on your preferred device and sign in.
- Swipe the screen to the right to display the chat list.
- Find a contact to chat with after clicking on the chat button.
- Create a message and send it.
- Tap on the sent message. If it turns bold and grey, the message is saved on Snapchat’s server, and you can retrieve it later.
Method 2: Recovering Data on Snapchat
You can recover deleted content as it remains in your device’s memory. Here’s how to do that:
- File Manager – By using this app, you can rename files on your device to remove the .nomedia extension. The best file manager apps you can find on Google Play Store include File Expert, OI, and Astro file managers.
- Renaming the file- Search for all files with the .nomedia extensions as they are Snapchat’s messages. Select and rename them to remove the extensions. After that, all apps will index and display thumbnails for you to recover the deleted content.
Method 3: Using Dumpster
The Dumpster app resembles the recycle bin feature on PCs. It allows you to retrieve any media content and other files on your phone. You can find and install Dumpster from the Google play store. After installation;
- Go to Snapchat’s photos and videos.
- Open the Dumpster app and active it.
- You will find Snap videos and photos on Dumpster.
How to recover Snapchat Messages on iOS Devices
How to recover Snapchat messages on iOS
For this, we’re going to use the Fonelab recovery tool, which will assist you to get back your photos and pictures from Snapchat. It’s available for both Windows and Mac, for free.
Recover Snapchat messages on iOS
Steps to follow to recover Snapchat data from the iOS device:
- Download and install the FoneLab tool on your Windows PC or Mac
- Connect the iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod) to your computer using a USB cable
- Once the phone enters Recovery from iOS device mode, a Start Scan button appears on your device.
- Press the “Start Scan” button to start scanning.
- After the scanning process is completed, select the section from the menu that you want to recover the data. In this case, select “Snapchat messages”
- Now select all the deleted messages you want to want to recover and click the recover button to retrieve the deleted information.
- Select the desired folder and wait until the Snapchat messages are recovered.
How to recover Snapchat messages on Android
FoneLab also works well on Android devices. To complete how to recover Snapchat messages, we can easily use the FoneLab tool to retrieve Snapchat messages from Android devices.
Follow these simple steps to recover Snapchat messages on android:
- Download and install the FoneLab Android Data Recovery Tool for Windows Pc or Mac
- Go to your phone settings and enable the USB debugging mode on your Andoird device.
- Then using a USB cable, connect your android phone to the pc.
- The FoneLab program will automatically detect your Android device to recover data
- Go to the Android Data Recovery tab and from there you need to choose “Contacts and Messages”
- Your phone is going to be rooted once you decide on the choice
- Next, you’ll see the deleted messages or the messages that have been deleted.
- Select the specified deleted messages, and click on on the Recover button
- Wait for some time and your will messages will be recovered soon.
Snapchat is a fancy social media app that appeals to teens and young adults. The disappearance of snaps and messages after a short while is a distinctive Snapchat feature. Nevertheless, there are several ways of retrieving deleted content.